- 1The action of hitting with or using a bat, especially in cricket or baseball: 50 minutes' batting before lunchMore example sentences
- This action is also seen in baseball batting and in gymnastics when doing the iron cross on the rings.
- Ten men won the privilege of batting against baseball's all-time strikeouts king as part of a promotion for a candy bar.
- Aaron and Ruth both won batting and RBI titles to go with their multiple home run crowns but never put together all three legs in one year.
- 1.1A cricket team’s batsmen collectively: Australia made inroads into our battingMore example sentences
- Stillington made major inroads into Harrogate's batting as they dismissed three home batsmen for ducks.
- The Green are eager to make inroads into our batting.
- Making early inroads into the Uttar Pradesh batting line-up they took firm control of the proceedings.
- Cotton wadding prepared in sheets for use in quilts: the quilt is basted together with the batting and backingMore example sentences
- Cut a second towel to fit your chair seat, stuff with a layer of quilt batting, and sew closed; add ribbon ties to back corners.
- The coverlet sandwiches batting between the plain tablecloth and red-and-white-striped cotton fabric.
- You can make them out of many different things, such as old doors, windows or just plywood panels upholstered with batting and fabric.