- The order in which batsmen or batters in cricket or baseball take their turn to bat: I want you to come in lower down the batting order the timing and the batting order can achieve the results they intendMore example sentences
- The batting order definitely needs to be altered.
- When the Rockies traded outfielder Juan Pierre, they created a void atop the batting order.
- With four hitters in the lineup like the ones you mention, it wouldn't matter much where the manager placed them in the batting order.
More definitions of batting orderDefinition of batting order in:
- The US English dictionary