- A military force created to fight together, typically consisting of several different types of troops.More example sentences
- Missiles, even equipped with nuclear warheads, offer large carrier battlegroups considerable military capability, but large surface vessels also offer tempting targets to enemy nuclear missiles.
- The taskforce will include a battlegroup from the 3rd Battalion, the Parachute Regiment, supported by eight Apache attack helicopters, which will be deployed for the first time.
- However, FCR will continue to be the primary means of exercising command within brigades, battlegroups and sub units.
More definitions of battle groupDefinition of battle group in:
- The US English dictionary