- A small evergreen shrub with pink or purple flowers, native to temperate regions of Australia.
More example sentences
- Genus Bauera, family Cunoniaceae
- We had one last taste of bauera as we crossed a gully to the adjacent ridge which saw us safely down.
- Bush rocks, melaleucas, sweet flowered baueras and silvery westringias had always enchanted the designer.
- She records battling ‘through bauera and cutting grass, and down very steeply through more bad regrowth, fallen logs and boulders - a thoroughly horrible section’.
modern Latin, named after the brothers Franz (1758–1840) and Ferdinand (1760–1826) Bauer, Austrian botanical draughtsmen.