- The aromatic dried leaf of the bay tree, used in cooking.More example sentences
- Add garlic, thyme, rosemary, bay leaves, juniper berries, peppercorns, reserved duck necks and remaining duck or goose fat.
- Melt the butter in a large pot, then add the onion, celery, leek, curry powder, cayenne pepper, bay leaves, thyme and saffron.
- Experiment with a variety of herbs until you hit on combinations you like; rosemary, thyme, oregano, parsley, cilantro and bay leaves are common flavourings along with onions and celery.
More definitions of bay leafDefinition of bay leaf in:
- The US English dictionary