(also baya weaver)
- A weaver bird that typically has a brown back, yellow cap, and black face, common throughout the Indian subcontinent and in SE Asia.
More example sentences
- Ploceus philippinus, family Ploceidae
- A baya of enterprise, energy and skill may be the proud builder of four nests in a colony, each happily occupied with a female on eggs.
- The Baya weaver is a gregarious bird and breeds in colonies that can be found in scattered trees in open country.
- Baya Weavers are a little aggressive and should not be kept with other weavers or Finches which are smaller or weaker.