noun (plural bayberries)
A North American shrub with aromatic leathery leaves and waxy berries. Also called wax myrtle.
- Genus Myrica, family Myricaceae: several species
More example sentences
- Included in the brambles are raspberries, blackberries, dewberries, loganberries, bayberries, and the wineberry.
- Wild bayberry thrives in the sand with almost no maintenance, will grow in full sun or partial shade, is not harmed by salt spray and is drought-resistant.
- Before fall migration, swallows gorge themselves on insects and bayberries.
More definitions of bayberryDefinition of bayberry in:
- The US English dictionary