- An Asian or Australasian hawk with a crest.
More example sentences
- Genus Aviceda, family Accipitridae: three species
- We hoped to see some of the rarer birds that turn up here like chestnut winged cuckoo, Ashy minivet, Black crested baza, but were not really disappointed in not seeing them.
- Related to cuckoo-hawks, bazas are generally most active at dusk, when they search the foliage of forest trees for large insects and small lizards.
- Still one can look for spotted deer, sambar, barking deer, sloth bear, gaur, wild boars, fox, jackal, pangolin, elephants, great pied hornbill, yellow footed pigeon, crested serpent eagle, adjutant stork, black crested baza and peafowls.
modern Latin, via Hindi from Arabic bāz, denoting a goshawk.