- 1A market in a Middle Eastern country.More example sentences
- Hone your haggling skills in Tunisia's markets and bazaars when you travel with Burnside Travel.
- Lots of farmers markets, bazaars that were open on the street.
- The bazaars, colorful food markets and constant flow of border-hoppers provide absorbing spectacles.
- 1.1A fundraising sale of goods.More example sentences
- We had to borrow furniture and had to fundraise with Christmas bazaars, sales of work, that type of thing.
- Easy Ways Products have been successfully sold through craft fairs, bazaars, horse sales and door to door throughout the county.
- When you wander into the Tabernacle Church Hall it reeks of bazaars and jumble sales.
- 1.2 • dated A large shop selling miscellaneous goods.More example sentences
- The goods which were sold at the bazaar were divided in three categories.
- The streets are empty of passers-by, shops are shuttered, and bazaars are closed.
- David Patterson of the 785th Combat Stress Detachment from Minneapolis, Minnesota, a frequent shopper at the bazaar.
late 16th century: from Italian bazarro, from Turkish, from Persian bāzār 'market'.