- A fragrant resin produced by a number of trees related to myrrh, used in perfumes.More example sentences
- In some way it was like coriander seed and in some other way like bdellium, a fragrant resin.
- The gum exudate is collected from incisions or spontaneous cracks in the bark of the bdellium tree.
- Egyptian women carried little pouches filled with pieces of the bdellium for the scent.
late Middle English: via Latin from Greek bdellion, of Semitic origin.
More definitions of bdelliumDefinition of bdellium in:
- The US English dictionary