- • informal (Of a couple) be involved in an established romantic or sexual relationship.More example sentences
- The couple, who've been an item for 12 years, have their musical roots in Long Island.
- We were an item but it wasn't an all-consuming relationship and some people may have wondered how interested he really was.
- We were an item from that day on, but because we were living in different cities it started quite casually - seeing each other once or twice a week.
More definitions of be an itemDefinition of be an item in:
- The US English dictionary