- 1A maritime shrub related to the plum, found on the east coast of North America.
More example sentences
- Prunus maritima, family Rosaceae
- Along the east coast, the beach plum is predominant.
- For the beach plum sauce: In saucepan, combine jelly, water and vinegar and bring to a simmer.
- It is important to plant beach plums in a place (sun or shade) where they can spread and will never have to be transplanted, as the tap root can be almost impossible to dig out after the bushes grow for a few years.
- 1.1The edible fruit of the beach plum.More example sentences
- Although beach plum's native range is restricted to coastal dunes, it grows quite well in Upstate New York, reports Whitlow.
- Beach plums, about the size and color of purple grapes, make a tasty, unusual jam and, for many New Englanders, conjure up summers spent on Cape Cod.
- The color of beach plums is intoxicating, ranging from purple to blue to reds, pinks, and green.
More definitions of beach plumDefinition of beach plum in:
- The US English dictionary