Definition of beading in English:
1Decoration or ornamental moulding resembling a string of beads or having a semicircular cross section: a cardigan with gold beading
More example sentences
- Evidence that Jackson's home was originally a two-story house is the decorative beading on the underside of the floor joists.
- The interior of the secretary is surrounded with flush beading that also runs up the inside edges of the bookcase and returns across the shelves.
- Ramsey emphasized this by continuing the double beading from the bow to the arm, and then forward underneath the scrolled end.
2The bead of a tyre.
- Instead of an inner tube the tyre has a rubber lining and the pressure of the beading against the rim of the wheel is claimed to give a seal which is proof against any escape of air.
- Slick design tyre with wire beading in the tyre, this is a great tyre if you ride on wooden ramps or concrete as it offers great grip.
- Between the hub and the stiff wire tyre beading a layer of rubber forms a seal.
Definition of beading in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan