1Decoration or ornamental moulding resembling a string of beads or having a semicircular cross section: a cardigan with gold beading
More example sentences
- Evidence that Jackson's home was originally a two-story house is the decorative beading on the underside of the floor joists.
- The interior of the secretary is surrounded with flush beading that also runs up the inside edges of the bookcase and returns across the shelves.
- Ramsey emphasized this by continuing the double beading from the bow to the arm, and then forward underneath the scrolled end.
2The bead of a tyre.
- Instead of an inner tube the tyre has a rubber lining and the pressure of the beading against the rim of the wheel is claimed to give a seal which is proof against any escape of air.
- Slick design tyre with wire beading in the tyre, this is a great tyre if you ride on wooden ramps or concrete as it offers great grip.
- Between the hub and the stiff wire tyre beading a layer of rubber forms a seal.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: bead|ing
Definition of beading in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.