- A common European coastal sea anemone which is typically rust-red with several rings of tentacles around the mouth.
More example sentences
- Actinia equina, order Actiniaria
- The rock surfaces in the deeper areas are decorated with daisy, strawberry and dahlia anemones, particularly under the overhangs, while the shallows are dominated by beadlet anemones.
- Shore invertebrate animals include red beadlet anemones, and worms in sand or stuck to the rocks.
- When uncovered by the tides, beadlet anemones retract their tentacles and look like small beads of jelly.