- A person, typically an accountant or bureaucrat, perceived as placing excessive emphasis on controlling expenditure and budgets: their bean counters will switch to a new way of calculating GDPMore example sentences
- Enter the bean counter as Southwest's costs grow
- A bean counter will say you should respond by cutting in other places, which usually means shifting the burden onto other people, especially your employees.
- As a small business owner, you are not only the head honcho, but also the bean counter, chief salesman, IT boffin, tax specialist and marketing guru too.
More definitions of bean counterDefinition of bean counter in:
- The US English dictionary