noun (plural beardies)British • informal
- 1A bearded man, especially one regarded as lacking in style.More example sentences
- Real ale is not all about beardies with sandals.
- Poets were pop stars, now they're weird beardies in bondage to an ancient craft that nobody deigns to understand.
- So the smooth ones, not the beardies, are those who decided to do something other than accept nature's default condition.
- 2A bearded collie.More example sentences
- Beardies also love to race around and play with each other and other dogs and will often appear very overpowering.
- Lean and active, Beardies are strongly made and cover the ground with the minimum of effort.
- The Bearded Collie or beardie is the traditional dog of the Scottish shepherd, but was used to herd both sheep and cattle.