Definition of beardie in English:
noun (plural beardies)British informal
1A bearded man, especially one regarded as lacking in style.
- Real ale is not all about beardies with sandals.
- Poets were pop stars, now they're weird beardies in bondage to an ancient craft that nobody deigns to understand.
- So the smooth ones, not the beardies, are those who decided to do something other than accept nature's default condition.
2A bearded collie.
- Beardies also love to race around and play with each other and other dogs and will often appear very overpowering.
- Lean and active, Beardies are strongly made and cover the ground with the minimum of effort.
- The Bearded Collie or beardie is the traditional dog of the Scottish shepherd, but was used to herd both sheep and cattle.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan