- An animal, such as a mule or donkey, that is used for carrying loads.More example sentences
- Ancient Egyptian art depicts this animal as their domesticated beast of burden.
- The llama was domesticated as a beast of burden, while the alpaca was kept for its wool, and the guinea-pig for meat.
- For many years, this intelligent and docile animal has been used by man as a beast of burden, circus performer, and even as a weapon of war.
More definitions of beast of burdenDefinition of beast of burden in:
- The US English dictionary