- An animal, especially a mammal, that kills and eats other animals.More example sentences
- Hence killing is portrayed as a means of survival, making the hunter the biggest beast of prey in the forest.
- Some argue that predatory market forces make it impossible for benevolent governments to shield their populations from the beasts of prey that lurk beyond their borders.
- He comes in this role, says Nietzsche, ‘to represent practically a new type of the beast of prey,’ one who is ‘venerable, wise, cold, full of treacherous superiority’.
More definitions of beast of preyDefinition of beast of prey in:
- The US English dictionary