- The number of beats per second, equal to the difference in the frequencies of two interacting tones or oscillations: amplitude modulated beat frequency [as modifier]: a beat frequency oscillatorMore example sentences
- Some people are sensitive to beat frequencies, the difference between flickering sources at two different rates.
- The separation distance of images of your hand would be the velocity of your hand divided by the beat frequency, or, as a formula.
- His interest is in the kind of beat frequencies, harmonics and overtones made by combining tones that differ from each other by only a few hertz, sketching out his ideas using sine waves and oscilloscopes.
More definitions of beat frequencyDefinition of beat frequency in:
- The US English dictionary