Definition of beatitude in English:
1Supreme blessedness: the expression of beatitude the religious sometimes adopt
More example sentences
- Meditation is the science of bringing inner beauty, inner beatitude, inner benediction.
- The phrase was on the cover of a Christian magazine which showed an awkward-looking teen sat in a chair being hugged by his parents who had expressions of moronic beatitude.
- The terrifying aspect of this Self makes Arjuna shudder with fear, and hence the Lord also reveals His most beautiful form that is full of bliss, beatitude, and serenity.
1.1 (the Beatitudes) The blessings listed by Jesus in the Sermon on the Mount (Matt. 5:3-11).
- It simply goes through the Beatitudes in the Sermon on the Mount, explains the essence of each one, and appends a simple prayer for each, asking God to help us cultivate that particular trait of godliness.
- In the Beatitudes, Jesus blesses those who hunger and thirst after justice. I can't imagine that Mr. Gibson's vision or his film will add to the balance of this world's justice.
- The Beatitudes and other teachings in which Jesus exhorts his disciples to put all their trust in God have a special meaning in this context (Neyrey).
1.2 (His/Your Beatitude) A title given to patriarchs in the Orthodox Church.
- It has been 28 days since His Beatitude the Archbishop of Ohrid and Metropolitan of Skopje Jovan is imprisoned in the prison Idrizovo, near Skopje.
- The Archbishop remembered the meeting with His Beatitude one month back during his visit to Kerala.
- It gives me great pleasure to meet Your Beatitude in this Primatial See of the Orthodox Church of Greece.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan