noun(the beau monde)
- Fashionable society: London was the centre of this jet-hopping beau mondeMore example sentences
- She was indeed a creature of the beau monde, the same society that had virtually shunned his family in the past and even now only reluctantly accepted them.
- What started as a schoolgirl rebellion against Japan's rigid conformity is now causing ripples of admiration from the beau monde of international fashion.
- But it is not wild nightlife the buyers come for, or to be seen behind Gucci glasses with the beau monde, or even white-knuckle skiing: it is chalets they can use all year round and a friendly, family atmosphere.
French, literally 'fine world'.
More definitions of beau mondeDefinition of beau monde in:
- The US English dictionary