Definition of beauty spot in English:
1British A place known for its beautiful scenery.
- The campaign to keep the site as a publicly-managed beauty spot was sparked by fears it would be sold off and closed to the public.
- A steel fence has been put round a Cheshire beauty spot by a developer involved in a long-running planning battle over the site.
- Residents in Wootton Bassett say any development on a beauty spot will spoil the local landscape and create traffic chaos.
2A small natural or artificial mark such as a mole on a woman’s face, considered to enhance her attractiveness.
- My face and hair was done much the same as Claire's, and I sported an artificial beauty spot positioned just under my right eye.
- Finally, the mole beneath her mouth was downgraded from beauty spot to powdered pimple.
- The lights have made Andromeda sweat, and her beauty spot is blurry and shaped more like a jellybean than a circle.
Definition of beauty spot in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan