1Sleeping accommodation for a night and a meal in the morning, provided in guest houses and hotels.
- Guests can stay mid week for two nights bed and breakfast and one evening meal from €135 per person sharing.
- This price includes three nights' bed and breakfast, one evening meal and a gala banquet on New Year's Eve.
- I wanted to get away for two nights this week for the Easter Holidays with my wife and my young son who is eleven and was quoted €740 for two night's bed and breakfast with one evening meal.
1.1A guest house: we spent the night at a cheap bed and breakfast nearby
More example sentences
- He said the trend might tend to benefit the big hotels rather than the smaller guest houses and bed and breakfasts.
- I could only afford a cheap bed and breakfast for a couple of days.
- They led to a good night's rest that can be found at the many bed and breakfasts or the youth hostels in the area.
verb(bed-and-breakfast) [with object] Stock Market , British
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: bed and break|fast
Definition of bed and breakfast in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.