Definition of bed-wetting in English:
Involuntary urination during the night.
- At the initial interview, I found out that he also strongly feared the dark, had a history of night terrors and bed-wetting, and sometimes burst out in a violent temper.
- Children in detention exhibited symptoms including bed-wetting, sleep walking and night terrors.
- For some young children bladder control is more difficult to achieve at night - enuresis, commonly known as bed-wetting, has been discussed by physicians since the days of Galen and Hippocrates.
- Example sentences
- ‘Two of them were bed-wetters,’ he has recalled.
- In fact, most bed-wetters over the age of five simply produce more urine at night than their bladder can control.
- ‘Maybe one of the kids is a bed-wetter,’ I offer, ‘and they try to keep him awake for the entire ride so that he doesn't wet the car seats.’
Definition of bed-wetting in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan