- 1A plant suitable for use as a bedding plant.More example sentences
- Excellent summer bedder, pot plant or standard.
- To manage them as bedders they must be multiplied by cuttings in the usual way of "soft-wooded" plants, and be put out late in May.
- Hardy plants, including alpines, need as much attention in their way as the old-fashioned tender bedders.
- 2British • informal A servant employed to clean rooms in Cambridge colleges.More example sentences
- Cambridge had its ‘bedders‘, Oxford has its ‘scouts‘.
- We also have, most useful of things, a kitchen cleanliness freak and of course, five visits a week from a bedder, dubbed by my Greek and Italian flatmates ‘Santa Martha’.
- This includes emptying work surfaces, cleaning the sink and cooker and wiping paintwork - though the bedders are not expected to fight through piles of washing-up.
More definitions of bedderDefinition of bedder in:
- The US English dictionary