verb[with object] • literary
- Cover or sprinkle with drops of water or other liquid.More example sentences
- Her mother ‘often saw her with cheeks bedewed with tears, on account of his new and astonishing behaviour,’.
- To ride their horses and take away their possessions, To see the faces of those who were dear to them bedewed with tears, and to clasp their wives and daughters in his arms.
- The rural imagery is varied: the rising sap, meadows, individual plants, birds, a bedewed rose among its thorns, storm, flood, and fair weather.
More definitions of bedewDefinition of bedew in:
- The US English dictionary