Definition of bedfellow in English:
1A person who shares a bed with another.
- The way men perceive the educational status of their female bedfellows has changed.
- For them, strange or strained bedfellows are more fun than no bedfellows at all, since the excitement is all in the conquest.
- It appears they were bedfellows both figuratively and literally.
1.1A person or thing allied or closely connected with another: big business and politics were inseparable bedfellows
More example sentences
- Plus, world politics makes for strange bedfellows.
- In this context, politics created strange bedfellows.
- History takes strange turns and politics makes strange bedfellows.
Definition of bedfellow in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan