Definition of bedside in English:
The space beside a bed (used especially with reference to an invalid’s bed): he was summoned to the bedside of a dying man [as modifier]: a bedside lamp
More example sentences
- Yet all of the participants in the study had family members at their bedsides in the holding area because family members had to be present to drive them home after the surgical procedure.
- If there had been a cup of tea and a digestive biscuit on the bedside table, it would have been the perfect way to wake up.
- The woman resident could not sleep, turned on the bedside lamp and started to read.
- A doctor’s approach or attitude to a patient: my reputation for a sympathetic bedside manner he was brisk and elderly with very little bedside mannerMore example sentences
- It was not just their approach in general because I observed their amicable bedside manner with other patients.
- In fact, the main aspects of quality we see and judge are waiting times, the reception area, hospital food and the doctor's bedside manner.
- The aim is to produce young doctors who know the theory, but also have the experience and bedside manner to deal with patients face to face.
Definition of bedside in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan