(chiefly North American also beefsteak tomato)
- A tomato of an exceptionally large and firm variety.More example sentences
- ‘Instead of picking up a ripe beefsteak tomato and smelling it to see if it is right for a salad, these chefs are saying, ‘What do you have that's new?’
- But I was struggling to eat it all, and my son was only able to manage a fraction of his half-pound all-American burger, served with bacon and melted cheese in a bap garnished by mayonnaise, lettuce and beef tomato, good as it tasted.
- Likewise with the tomatoes - the farm is growing cherry, vine and beef tomatoes as well as everyday salad tomatoes - and the raspberries, strawberries and gooseberries growing in neatly tended plots beside the drive.
More definitions of beef tomatoDefinition of beef tomato in:
- The US English dictionary