- A Yeoman Warder or Yeoman of the Guard in the Tower of London.More example sentences
- A parade of the Tower's famous beefeaters, members of the Royal British Legion and their support team accompanied Mr Abrutat as he cycled to his starting point cheered by crowds of tourists.
- The cockney beefeaters told the same gory tales of beheading at Tower Hill.
- I think it's safe to say that neither of them is quite ready for lunch at the palace yet, unless the Queen puts plenty of paper down and has a battalion of beefeaters on hand to hose them down afterwards.
early 17th century (originally a derogatory term for a well-fed servant): the current sense dates from the late 17th century.
More definitions of beefeaterDefinition of beefeater in:
- The US English dictionary