Definition of beekeeping in English:
The occupation of owning and breeding bees for their honey.
- It opens at 2.30 and promises to be a fascinating event for anyone interested in bee-keeping and honey production.
- The province had also attracted investors who were interested in bee-keeping and honey production for export.
- Mr Britton was a Neighbourhood Watch co-ordinator and his bee-keeping hobby, and honey sales at his gate, earned him the local nickname ‘Mr B, the bee man’.
- Example sentences
- After the hive adventure, I now truly appreciate the effort, from bees and dedicated bee-keepers alike, that goes into the honey I slather on to toast or drizzle over porridge.
- Mr Gregory, like most bee-keepers, says he has become attached to his bees and greatly enjoys producing the honey.
- The province boasts 14,000 bee-keepers that on average produce 88 kilogrammes of honey each and a total of 1,000 tonnes of bees wax annually.
Definition of beekeeping in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan