1An underground room for storing beer.
- By 2002 they had opened up part of the shop's cellar as a beer cellar, with over 300 different bottled beers from around the world.
- Many years later in November 1983 a barmaid reported seeing a ghostly figure in the beer cellar and refused to go down there or talk about it ever again.
- Sarah said the prize is a reward for the extra care she has taken over the cleanliness and efficiency of her beer cellar.
2A basement bar where beer is served.
- The smoking ban only affects the beer cellar, which is Corpus' bar.
- It is here, in the beer cellar of a hotel, that we sit talking.
- Corpus used to have a fantastically strong college spirit, full of witty, enigmatic (if slightly eccentric) characters who filled the beer cellar and the sports teams.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: beer cel¦lar
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.