Definition of beer cellar in English:
1An underground room for storing beer.
- By 2002 they had opened up part of the shop's cellar as a beer cellar, with over 300 different bottled beers from around the world.
- Many years later in November 1983 a barmaid reported seeing a ghostly figure in the beer cellar and refused to go down there or talk about it ever again.
- Sarah said the prize is a reward for the extra care she has taken over the cleanliness and efficiency of her beer cellar.
2A basement bar where beer is served.
- The smoking ban only affects the beer cellar, which is Corpus' bar.
- It is here, in the beer cellar of a hotel, that we sit talking.
- Corpus used to have a fantastically strong college spirit, full of witty, enigmatic (if slightly eccentric) characters who filled the beer cellar and the sports teams.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia