1A large room or building where beer is served.
- We've emailed back and forth, and on Monday night finally got together for industrial-strength pints at the German beer hall down the block.
- I will shout loud enough for the entire beer hall to hear.
- They had discovered Mike in the beer hall sitting with another boy they both knew: Peter Bodley.
1.1(In black townships in South Africa) a state-run establishment selling beer.
- To see them, book a ‘township tour,’ which often includes a visit to a local beer hall, or shebeen.
- It started life as a tea room in 1929, was converted to a beer hall in 1944 and has never looked back
- In the dim light of a makeshift beer hall in a township in South Africa, a tourist is introduced to a taste like no other.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: beer hall
Definition of beer hall in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.