Definition of beer hall in English:
1A large room or building where beer is served.
- We've emailed back and forth, and on Monday night finally got together for industrial-strength pints at the German beer hall down the block.
- I will shout loud enough for the entire beer hall to hear.
- They had discovered Mike in the beer hall sitting with another boy they both knew: Peter Bodley.
1.1(In black townships in South Africa) a state-run establishment selling beer.
- To see them, book a ‘township tour,’ which often includes a visit to a local beer hall, or shebeen.
- It started life as a tea room in 1929, was converted to a beer hall in 1944 and has never looked back
- In the dim light of a makeshift beer hall in a township in South Africa, a tourist is introduced to a taste like no other.
Definition of beer hall in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan