noun[mass noun] • informal
- A small amount of money allowed or earned.More example sentences
- I won beer money from many unsuspecting young college men.
- It's also ‘one that got away’ in the sense that I no longer possess it; I think I sold it for beer money in my college days.
- At the time, area retailers were complaining of middle-class teenagers harassing shoppers for beer money.
early 19th century: from an allowance of money formerly made to servants instead of beer.
More definitions of beer moneyDefinition of beer money in:
- The US English dictionary