noun[treated as singular]
- The first milk produced by a cow or goat after giving birth.More example sentences
- Yellow beestings mixed with milk are poured in an animal's stomach or gut and boiled with meat.
- Very high in protein, beestings is used in Spain for the production of Armada, a strong, semi-firm cheese.
- Add 2 parts beestings to 1 part water and stir over a fire or stove until it thickens.
Old English bȳsting, of West Germanic origin; related to Dutch biest and German Biest(milch).
More definitions of beestingsDefinition of beestings in:
- The US English dictionary