- 1The wax secreted by bees to make honeycombs and used to make wood polishes and candles: she rubbed her furniture with beeswax [as modifier]: beeswax candlesMore example sentences
- Kids will love to watch the industrious honeybees at work in a display hive while you shop for raspberry honey butter and beeswax candles.
- He lit the five beeswax candles in the brass candelabra sitting on the corner of the desk, and threw open the topmost book as he seated himself.
- Use only the highest quality oils and unscented beeswax candles.
- 2North American • informal A person’s concern or business: that’s none of your beeswaxMore example sentences
- Which was very wise, considering it was none of their beeswax.
- I consider it none of my beeswax if someone makes a million dollars in one of these things or loses his shirt.
- I know you have your reasons, and, ultimately, it's none of my beeswax.
verb[with object] (often as adjective beeswaxed) Back to top
- Polish (furniture) with beeswax: beeswaxed pewsMore example sentences
- Each handle is hand-stitched using vegetable dyed English tan leather with beeswaxed twine.
- At the weekend, we beeswaxed the furniture.
- Tomorrow she would beeswax the furniture and polish the wood into a deep gleam, but today she didnt have time she had to go and see the doctor.
More definitions of beeswaxDefinition of beeswax in:
- The US English dictionary