Definition of beetroot in English:
1The edible dark-red spherical root of a kind of beet, eaten as a vegetable.
- On the living room table are three huge salad bowls and onions, tomatoes, feta cheese, sesame seeds, beetroot, celery, spinach and garlic.
- The garden provided cauliflower, tomatoes, green peppers, spinach, beetroot, carrots, onions, rap and cabbage to the local market.
- Here community volunteers grow foods such as cabbage, spinach, beetroot, onion and carrots.
2The variety of beet which produces beetroots.
- Beta vulgaris subsp. vulgaris, family Chenopodiaceae
- After planting the beetroot, the children were shown how to create their own pot plants out of newspaper.
- I've also planted a few beetroot seeds and I'm planning on doing a few more tomorrow and on starting the carrots.
- I also dug up a few of the beetroot plants, but they haven't formed roots yet.
Definition of beetroot in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan