Before an action or event; in advance: rooms must be booked beforehand
More example sentences
- I don't recall people being asked beforehand if these events were wanted in the first place.
- But the seats had been booked up beforehand, and most of them weren't going to get in.
- Sensing it might be busy, I took the precaution of ringing beforehand to book a table.
in advance, in readiness, ahead of time;
before, before now, earlier, earlier on, previously, already, sooner
be beforehand with
- archaic Anticipate or forestall: he discovered Ash had been beforehand with himMore example sentences
- Wherefore the monarchy and hierarchy will be beforehand with it, if they see their true interest.
- I cut up along behind the hedge to be beforehand with you.
- The insurgents entered the City by Lud Gate; but the Government had been beforehand with them.
Words that rhyme with beforehandforehand
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: be¦fore|hand
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.