Before an action or event; in advance: rooms must be booked beforehand
More example sentences
- I don't recall people being asked beforehand if these events were wanted in the first place.
- But the seats had been booked up beforehand, and most of them weren't going to get in.
- Sensing it might be busy, I took the precaution of ringing beforehand to book a table.
in advance, in readiness, ahead of time;
before, before now, earlier, earlier on, previously, already, sooner
be beforehand with
- archaic Anticipate or forestall: he discovered Ash had been beforehand with himMore example sentences
- Wherefore the monarchy and hierarchy will be beforehand with it, if they see their true interest.
- I cut up along behind the hedge to be beforehand with you.
- The insurgents entered the City by Lud Gate; but the Government had been beforehand with them.
Words that rhyme with beforehandforehand
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.