- Make dirty; pollute: the dangers of letting industry befoul the environmentMore example sentences
- This green and pleasant land in the Guardian argues similarly that it's about ‘a Britain that is either green and pleasant, made diligent by cottage industries, or befouled by factories’.
- The sink, the flush toilet, and the sewer literally formed a pipeline to the vilest contamination that befouled the city.
- Public decisions affect everyone by the nature of the choice itself: we can only have one defense budget; polluting rivers befouls not just my water, but yours.
More definitions of befoulDefinition of befoul in:
- The US English dictionary