Definition of befuddle in English:
verb[with object] (usually as adjective befuddled)
Cause to become unable to think clearly: even in my befuddled state I could see that they meant trouble
More example sentences
- Riders overtake traffic, carving in and out of lanes as befuddled drivers bond in confusion with pedestrians.
- I forgot to tell you all this is set in one of my confused and befuddled future settings.
- I was so stunned and momentarily befuddled it never even occurred to me to fire the second barrel.
confused, muddled, addled, bewildered, disoriented, disorientated, all at sea, mixed up, fazed, perplexed, stunned, dazed, dizzy, stupefied, groggy, foggy, fuzzy, fuddled, benumbed, numbed, numb, vague
- befuddlement noun
- Example sentences
- And most times - after a moment or two of befuddlement and confusion - I saw that the computer gizmo was right.
- Unable to comprehend, Amanda stared at Keira in utter astonishment and befuddlement.
- All of these things cause my brain befuddlement, bemusement and general confusion.
Words that rhyme with befuddlecuddle, fuddle, huddle, muddle, puddle, ruddle
Definition of befuddle in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.