Charming or enchanting, often in a deceptive way: a beguiling mixture of English, French and Italian
More example sentences
- With her allure, she is even fooling the foreign diplomats through her beguiling appearance.
- The more we linger, the more we see beguiling dances.
- I have not driven a more beguiling engine all year.
- [as submodifier]: the idea is beguilingly simpleMore example sentences
- Just as the world is being over taken by photography, something as beguilingly simple as Ross's work comes along and reminds you of the power of painting.
- The water can be beguilingly beautiful.
- Fortunately, at his best Faber writes so beguilingly that we enjoy the journey even if we never quite reach the promised destination.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: be|guil¦ing
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.