Definition of behaviouralism in English:
1The methods and principles of the scientific study of animal (and human) behaviour.
- His approach is a mix of animal behavioralism and human psychology with a little eastern philosophy and spirituality thrown in.
- But both theories are grounded in behavioralism.
- To teach parents using psychological behavioralism?
1.1Advocacy of or adherence to a behavioural approach to social phenomena.
- In some respects, the so-called new institutionalism was a rebellion against behaviouralism.
- Now there's a name for this kind of approach in political science - behavioralism.
- But what I do know is that behavioralism doesn't undermine law and economics - if anything, it enriches it.
behaviouralist noun& adjective
- Example sentences
- This is a nice piece, which summarizes the behavioralist theory and its implications pretty well for laymen.
- At the same time, new institutionalism recognized that formal institutions were more important than behaviouralists had suggested.
- Neorealists responded that behaviouralists had failed to appreciate the essential characteristics of a systemic theory.
Definition of behaviouralism in:
- US English dictionary