Definition of bejesus in English:
Used to express surprise or for emphasis.
- He's off to the top of Cologne Cathedral, where the bejesus - and, hopefully, the fear - will be scared out of him.
- Like father, like son, they'll say, and bejesus, McCourt senior could put them away.
- Scared the bejesus out of the poor kitten - the cat stayed behind the dishwasher for almost 45 minutes.
beat the bejesus out of
- Irish informal Hit (someone) very hard or for a long time: they caught the two and started beating the bejesus out of themMore example sentences
- ‘Whenever people see a mascot, they can't help beating the bejesus out of it,’ Rolling Stone relates.
- Sadly, while you'll succeed in beating the bejeezus out of Ash repeatedly, he will ultimately wipe you from existence.
- If you don't enjoy watching grown men beating the bejesus out of each other, forget it.
scare the bejesus out of
Definition of bejesus in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.