verb (bejewels, bejewelling, bejewelled; US bejewels, bejeweling, bejeweled)[with object]
- Cover or adorn with jewels: in the days of royalty, they bejewelled the rulers with their fine creationsMore example sentences
- Even the emperor's throne, the bejeweled peacock throne of Shah Jahan, was packed on elephants and carried away to Persia.
- Macdonald's delicately woven, bejeweled, scanty costumes were elevated to their very best effect by Balfour's exquisite lighting.
- Edgardo, meanwhile, was quite overwhelmed by the frescoed apartments, bejeweled carriages, and luxurious vestments.
More definitions of bejewelDefinition of bejewel in:
- The US English dictionary