Definition of bellyache in English:
verb[no object] Back to top
Complain noisily or persistently: Heads of Department bellyaching about lack of resources
More example sentences
- The council chiefs have known about the problem of recycling for quite some time but have chosen to ignore it and now they are bellyaching because they could be liable for a ‘fine’ of around £1, 500,000.
- I will stop bellyaching about the media using my personal life to sell newspapers while posing for cheesy, beefcake photos to sell my new movie.
- Now that police authorities are having to use that money for what it was intended, police officers' pensions, they are bellyaching about it and feeding the public with misinformation in a bid to disguise their own failings.
- Example sentences
- Humour is rarely absent from proceedings - though don't go looking for end-of-the-pier bellyachers.
- The working masochists came off as bellyachers and had a penchant for making people listen to their workplace war stories.
- Played by Alexa Vega, her Julie comes across as a self-obsessed bellyacher who's as sharp as a mouse's belly.
Words that rhyme with bellyacheclambake • headache
Definition of bellyache in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.