- 1An exceptional or outstanding example of something: Owen made the goal with a belter of a passMore example sentences
- They have notched three since the turn of the year - all of them belters.
- Service spokesman Nigel Metcalfe said: ‘This is an absolute belter.’
- The new season cues off this Thursday and if the commitment of the players and organisers are anywhere near as good as last season then we are in for a belter!
- 2A loud, forceful singer or song: a real bawdy belter called ‘Ready For Love’ crooners and belters and chanteusesMore example sentences
- I have done stage, musical stage, not a tenor singer, but a belter, like for musical comedy.
- Such was the case for Montreal maximum R & B belters The Datsons.
- Mind you, I've never heard a Geordie, or for that matter anyone, sing that fast on the real belters such as ‘Get Your Groove’.
More definitions of belterDefinition of belter in:
- The US English dictionary