- Non-interference that is intended to benefit someone or something more than continual attention would: a shrub that grows well in shade and thrives under benign neglectMore example sentences
- Plant them with care and then you can pretty much leave them alone; they will thrive reliably under a regime of benign neglect, while you concentrate your energy elsewhere.
- But, although there is another Tempest on tour, I begin to wonder if we haven't lately wrung all possible variations on Shakespeare's island fling, and if the play itself would not benefit from a period of benign neglect.
- What amounts, then, to an economic strategy of benign neglect seems especially harmful to the nation's banks, which are in danger of falling into trouble again just when it seemed they were on the mend.
More definitions of benign neglectDefinition of benign neglect in:
- The US English dictionary