- A systemic fungicide used on fruit and vegetable crops, derived from imidazole.More example sentences
- Few fungicides are registered for controlling the disease, and benomyl is the most effective one yet tested.
- They suggest spraying a fungicide containing benomyl or triforine to combat this common malady that disfigures begonias.
- Diploid conidia were incubated on solid complete medium containing 60 g/ml benomyl for 2 days and transferred to complete medium without benomyl for 2 weeks.
1960s: from ben(z)o- + m(eth)yl.
More definitions of benomylDefinition of benomyl in:
- The US English dictionary