noun[mass noun] Medicine
A synthetic crystalline compound which is used as a local anaesthetic.
- Alternative name: ethyl para-aminobenzoate; chemical formula NH2C6H4COOC2H5
More example sentences
- Local anaesthetics - for example benzocaine, lignocaine are used in both lozenges and throat sprays.
- Some women find colposcopy very painful while others hardly notice it, according to a clinical trial testing topical benzocaine and ibuprofen against placebo.
- Over-the-counter drugs such as carbamide peroxide, benzocaine, menthol, or eucalyptol can lessen the pain.
More definitions of benzocaineDefinition of benzocaine in:
- The US English dictionary