A plant of a genus that comprises the barberries.
- Genus Berberis, family Berberidaceae
More example sentences
- This is cheap and easy to do with specimens such as berberis, buddleia, cornus, kerria, philadelphus, spirea and willow.
- Plants which will give year-round interest but don't require much work include Mahonia x media, berberis verruculosa, weigela, euonymus, hebe, kniphofia, Sedum spectabile, wild geranium and Arum italicum.
- Plant berry-bearing plants in your garden, such as hawthorn, rowan, holly, cotoneaster and berberis.
modern Latin and Old French, from medieval Latin barbaris.
Definition of berberis in:
- The US English dictionary